Slovakia is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe, home to over 5 million residents. Secure an affordable rental car to discover countless castles, lush nature parks and towering mountains.
Slovakia is split into three regions: Western, Central and Eastern for tourism purposes. Western Slovakia hosts the bustling capital city of Bratislava and beautiful countryside vineyards. Central Slovakia includes small, traditional towns with stunning views of the Tatras Mountains, plus numerous national parks great for hiking and camping. The Tatras Mountains continue into Eastern Slovakia featuring large, forested regions and farming land. Kosice, the second most populated city is also in this region.
Why hiring your Slovakia rental car with Airport Rentals is the better choice
Use Airport Rentals for a quick and easy way to find the best deal on car hire in Slovakia. Our site, rated #1 on TrustPilot, draws exceptional industry deals from leading rental car brands together in one place.
Compare daily rates in seconds by typing in your Slovakian destination and travel dates, and clicking ‘search.’ Browse our large selection of inventory and streamline your search using the handy filters. Organise results by car style, rental company, transmission type and more until you find the preferred rental vehicle.
When you are ready to book, complete your reservation in just a few clicks. Each offer includes free benefits and you never have to worry about hidden fees. Need a hand? Reach out to our customer service team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Airport rentals around Slovakia
Choose from multiple rental locations across Slovakia.
Bratislava car rental - Slovakia’s capital city is filled with cozy cafes, historic churches and a castle that towers over the centre. Rolling green hills surround the area, perfect for hiking, biking and wine tasting. Rent a cheap car upon landing at the airport or spend a few days in the city and then rent one on the way out of town.
Kosice car rental - Head to eastern Slovakia to experience a medieval city with underground passageways and century-old markets. Lounge at one of the city plaza’s cafes and stroll around the gardens and fountains. Slovak Karst National Park is a must-do.
Poprad car rental - Visit Poprad, a city in the foothills of the High Tatras Mountain range. Enjoy 13th-century buildings and churches in town before heading off to explore Tatras National Park.
Zilina car rental - Medieval fans will love Zilina, a city just a short drive from Bratislava. Explore castles with breaktaking views, and visit Sul’ov Rocks, a nature reserve featuring waterfalls, walking trails and rock climbing opportunities.
Rental car providers in Slovakia
Choose from at least 10 rental car providers available for hire in Slovakia with Airport Rentals. Offers extend from both household international brands and leading local favourites from Europe. Highly-rated brands such as Avis, Budget, Hertz and Sixt boast great customer reviews and offer exclusive benefits like theft protection and free amendments. Megadrive, Buchbinder and AutoEurope are great choices for cheap daily rates with included benefits such as unlimited mileage and breakdown assistance.
If you prefer a certain rental company, select a filter for that brand during the vehicle selection process. Confirm your reservation on our secure site to receive free benefits and then change or update your booking at any time using our online reservation management system. Airport Rentals is the one-stop shop for all of your car hire needs.
Slovakia’s rules of the road
Drivers must be at least 21 years old to rent a vehicle in Slovakia with one year experience of driving. There may be a surcharge for those under 25 - check the terms with your desired rental car provider before booking. You can find this information under the ‘Terms’ button, below ‘Age Rules’ on the rental offer.
● Drive on the right side of the road, overtake on the left.
● All passengers must wear seatbelts.
● The speed limits in Slovakia are as follows: 50 km/hr in urban areas, 90 km/hr outside cities, 130 km/hr on motorways.
● There is a zero blood alcohol limit for drink driving. Don’t risk it and travel by taxi if drinking.
● It is mandatory to keep a road kit in the car, including a warning triangle, first aid kit and reflective jacket, in case of an accident or breakdown.
● Children under the age of 12 must sit in the backseat.
Driving tips for your Slovakian rental car
● Main city and highway signs include both Slovak and English, but small streets may only be in Slovak. Use a GPS to get around and keep a road map in the rental car.
● Headlights should be kept on at all times.
● Avoid driving at night when possible as the roads are not well lit and loitering livestock can pose a danger.
● Only use hands-free mobile devices.
● Always carry a valid driver's license, registration and insurance documents.
● Major cities enforce paid parking near the centres, but free parking is generally available in the outer limits and small towns.
● Visiting in winter? Be sure to check out our winter driving guide.
Airportrentals.com offers great deals all over the world. Compare and save!