Located north of South America in the southern Caribbean Sea is the tiny but remarkable island of Curacao. This Dutch island is famous for its European architecture and must-see coral reef systems. Experience everything this Lesser Antilles island has to offer by hiring a car for the quintessential island road trip.
Drive into Christoffel National Park and hike to the highest point of the island while taking in the local flora and fauna. Check out the Mountain Car route for top-notch views and orchid trails. Find Caquetio cave paintings when heading to the coast on the Northern Car Route. It’s all possible when you book a Curacao rental car.
Why booking with AirportRentals.com is right for you
Island life is simple and calm and renting a car in Curacao should be just as relaxed. Booking with us is easy and you can count on finding the most suitable car rental at a fantastic price.
This small island has one international airport making it easy to search for vehicle options. Type your details into the powerful search engine and choose between an airport pickup or multiple depots in the main city of Willemstad. Use the handy filters to narrow down your selection based on group size and preferences for your Curacao car hire.
Rental companies in Curacao
All the best car rental brands are available in Curacao. Check out Budget, Thrifty and Alamo for excellent benefits like free cancellation and unlimited kilometers. Highly-rated Avis and Hertz have a range of vehicles from economy to full size, giving you plenty of choice for your Curacao adventure.
In order to rent a car in Curacao, the driver must have at least two years of experience and the minimum age to rent is usually 25 years old. Use our powerful search engine to compare all of the options and secure the most suitable car rental at the best deal.
Picking up your car rental in Curacao
Willemstad - Whether you pick up in the airport or the city, the capital of Curacao is the best spot to begin your trip. Get lost in brightly coloured buildings and sip coffee in street cafes. It’s easy to forget you’re on a Caribbean island when wandering Dutch-like waterways and visiting museums. Stop by the lovely Queen Emma Bridge and see beautiful displays of Caribbean fruit and local crafts at Curacao’s Floating Market.
Curacao’s rules of the road
● Drive on the right-hand side of the road, overtake on the left.
● Speed limit is 45 km/h in town and residential areas, 60-80 km/h between cities.
● Seatbelts are required, children under 12 years old must travel in the back seat.
Tips for driving a rental car in Curacao
● While most petrol stations are full service, very few are open 24 hours.
● Watch out for pedestrians and animals near the roads.
● Roads are not well-lit, take caution when driving at night.
● Wet roads can be very slippery, slow down in rainy weather.
● Bring a map in case of lack of mobile phone coverage.
● Curacao Road Services are available by dialing “199” and for 24-hour roadside assistance call “599-9-9-24-7”.
You’re all set for one of the Caribbean’s best kept secrets, enjoy!
Airportrentals.com offers great deals all over the world. Compare and save!