Hit the road for an Aussie Easter
Easter doesn’t get the hype it deserves. Although it doesn’t come with gifts and trees like Christmas or fireworks and resolutions like New Years’ Eve, it does come with plentiful chocolate and a guaranteed four-day weekend. What better time to embark on a sugar-fuelled road trip in big, beautiful Australia?
Easter car rental
Vehicles sell out quick over the holidays, and Easter is no exception- so get in quick for Easter 2016 and reserve the right car for your plans. Australia’s biggest pick-up points are the bigger cities with international airports- Sydney
- but you can grab a hire car and hit the road from any centre around the country whether you be looking at other centres including Adelaide
for your car rental adventure. Just make a pit stop at the closest supermarket to stock up on chocolate and you’ll be on your way for an Easter holiday to remember.
- April in the southern hemisphere is when it starts getting a little cooler- but you needn’t feel the chill. Queensland is warm year-round, and it will still be beach weather over the Easter weekend. Pick up a rental car in Brisbane and explore the coast.
- Tasmania is a little more temperate. Pick up in Hobart to spend four days exploring this wonderful island and its extensive wilderness- and you won’t have to worry about your easter eggs melting. This trip is best for those who love the outdoors.
- The most unforgettable landscapes in the country are found in the centre of Australia, which can be hard to get to. Fly in to Alice Springs, get your own set of wheels and see Uluru, Kata Tjuta and the alien outback vistas for which Oz is known.
- If you don’t mind spending a little time on the road, you can visit the three biggest cities over the four-day weekend and see as much of Australia as possible with a one-way rental! Hug the coast from Brisbane to Sydney then take an inland route across to Melbourne and drop off your rental there. This is a great introduction to the Land Down Under for first-time visitors. Be prepared for a one-way rental to attract extra fees.
Get the right rental car
Airport Rentals can help you find the perfect rental car for your Easter holiday in Australia.
The simple search engine takes in your requirements and spits out a list of options from a huge range of suppliers in any city or airport, from big name brands to small local companies. Avoid spending hours comparing and searching the internet for a good car at a good price- you can see it all in one place and make quick, informed decisions.
In the big cities, you can still get a rental for the Easter period for as little as AUD$70 a day. Start planning for your Aussie Easter road trip!