Drive away from the Airport in your Brisbane car rental
Brisbane is a multicultural melting pot, blessed with coastal pleasures, a buzzing nightlife and culture and wonderful cuisine. When you land at Brisbane Airport (BNE) and feel the warmth of the climate and people, you will be ready to jump into your car rental and explore. It’s also the starting point for fantastic road trips, with the Whitsundays and Fraser Island to the north; Sydney and Melbourne to the south. Let us take all the hassle out of vehicle rental, so you can start your holiday.
We are a dedicated global airport car hire website, which means we are across all the best deals and offers for your Brisbane car rental. There is such a vast selection of car rental options today, it’s important to have a quality site to guide you. Our unique live listings allow you to book well in advance, and whether you prefer a specific make of car, size, shape, or even colour, we can deliver. The last thing you want is to be worrying about your rental vehicle when you get off the plane. Just book in advance on our home page and everything can be sorted prior to your touchdown. All you have be concerned with is which destination to visit first.
The perfect choice
It couldn’t be easier to select from the hundreds of car rental vehicles on offer. All you need to do is fill out the pick-up and drop-off locations, with dates, country of residence and your age. Once that information is loaded in, just check out your options. All we’re looking for is a satisfied customer, so take your pick from Toyota, Suzuki, Nissan, Hyundai – or perhaps something extra flash, like a 4WD, BMW or Audi 5. The great advantage to our site is we present to the customer major rental companies, such as Hertz, Thrifty or Avis, to more specialised regional firms such as East Coast Car Rentals. This transparency guarantees you the best deal.
Freebies, specials and that one-off bargain
As we specialise in Brisbane Airport rental, we are constantly updating our special deals. These can vary from various vehicle upgrades, to double Frequent Flyer Points, to special rental rates. Just bookmark this page as a favourite, so you can see when the newest deals land and you don’t miss out. We offer them across all vehicle brands, so you never know when something might appeal for a Brisbane car rental - or somewhere else around the globe. There’s also a free car rental app on our home page. It’s applicable to iPhone and Android, offering you the best vehicle hire deals from around the world, along with the latest pricing. Get downloading for free.
Picking up your car at Brisbane Airport
You can access 12 car rental depots at Brisbane Airport. For example, Avis has counters at both the domestic and international terminal. Europcar offer two desks, with Alamo and National also serviced there. Smaller firms, such as Andy’s Auto Rentals, may not have a physical site at the airport, but cars are delivered to the international terminal. Again, check these details carefully when you hire. Many companies have different policies and we can help you with any questions you may have.
A flying visit
Brisbane Airport is a well-oiled machine, testament to the improvements most Australian airports have made in recent years. A primary hub for Virgin Blue and secondary hub for Qantas, customer numbers are continuing to grow. There are two terminals – Domestic and International – with Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific and Thai Airways among the numerous airlines flying in and out. With just the two terminals, it makes collecting your car rental that little bit easier. More than 20 million passengers enjoyed the services on offer in 2013. The airport itself is located just 15 minutes from the CBD.
What you need to know about Brisbane car rental
Here are some handy tips for driving on East Coast Australian roads:
● Temperatures can reach uncomfortably high numbers, so always make sure you have enough water – for your Brisbane car hire engine and your own taste buds.
● You drive on the same side of the road as New Zealand and the UK, on the left – Americans drive on the right.
● Seat belts are compulsory for children and adults.
● Rental vehicles are generally automatic transmission, while renters have to be 21 or older.
● The speed limit in residential and built-up areas is 50kph, up to 110kph on freeways.
● There are numerous toll roads on the M1, M2 and M7 – check online before you go travelling.
Customer care is everything
We are part of a large airport rental network that has arranged more than 900,000 bookings around the world. What allows us to deliver such a comprehensive service is exceptional distribution and booking technology, with a customer service team available 24 hours on a weekday, 12 hours on weekends. You can amend your rental at no cost and we do not charge cancellation fees on most vehicles – there are exceptions, so check carefully.
We won’t be beaten on price for your car hire in Brisbane
If you happen to find a better deal on the same brand of vehicle and time you’re travelling on another website, not only will we beat it by a dollar – we will also offer you a 25% discount off DriveEasy excess cover. It applies to advertised deals or written quotes – we may require evidence for this offer to be valid and is subject to availability. Check terms and conditions.
The Holiday of a Lifetime
Once you have sorted the best car rental deal online, it’s time to get going. The east coast of Australia is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful stretches of road in the world, whether you go north or south. Head south to the Gold Coast in your car rental - a beautiful spot with golden beaches and thrilling theme parks. Or perhaps you’re travelling inland to experience the timeless beauty of Ayers Rock? Or to Australias West Coast with a car rental from Perth to experience what the other side of Australia has to offer. Wherever you want to go, we can get you there safely and cheaply. It’s time to get into gear…
Book your Brisbane car rental early to ensure you secure a low price. Rental prices are likely to increase closer to your pick up date.
Brisbane Airport is a busy place, and it is home to a wide range of car rental suppliers. From late models to economy vehicles, on-airport depots to ones requiring a ride, there is something to suit almost any budget and preference for Brisbane car rental. The following are the options for your Brisbane Airport car rental adventure.
On Airport Rental Brands
● Avis Car Rental is found in the Brisbane Airport terminals, Airport Drive, Brisbane QLD 4008. Their vehicles are all late-model and they have a great range Brisbane car hire options including compact, standard, intermediate and full-sized cars, as well as some prestige and luxury vehicles. Along with their on-airport depot, they offer rentals from 53 Albert Street in the Brisbane city.
● Budget Car Rental is located in the Brisbane Airport terminals, Airport Drive, Brisbane QLD 4008 and also has branches around the city including one at 53 Albert Street downtown. Their range of late model vehicles includes everything from economy cars right up to passenger vans and SUVs.
● Europcar Car Rental has a depot at the Brisbane Airport terminals, Airport Drive, Brisbane QLD 4008 and two depots in the city at 576 Queen Street, Brisbane city and 928 Wynnum Road, Brisbane city. They have a very new fleet and a wide range which includes anything from small and medium sized sedans and hatchbacks to vans. They also offer a prestige vehicle category with Audis, Range Rivers and Mini Coopers.
● Hertz Car Rental can be found in the Brisbane Airport terminals, Airport Drive, Brisbane QLD 4008. The company has another location at 55 Charlotte Street in Brisbane city. As well as the usual range of economy to full-sized vehicles, Hertz offers a Fun Collection, a Prestige Collection and a few more interesting options.
● Redspot Car Rental, an Australian-owned company, has counters in the Brisbane Airport terminals, Airport Drive, Brisbane QLD, and also a downtown location at 53 Charlotte Street, Brisbane city for Brisbane car rental pick-up. Both offer renters economy, compact, intermediate, full sized and large vehicles with an average age of 6 months.
● Thrifty Car Rental is located in the Brisbane Airport terminals, Airport Drive, Brisbane QLD, and also offers car hire in Brisbane from a downtown depot at 49 Barry Parade, Fortitude Valley. Their large, late-model fleet has an array of options for self-drive holidaymakers.
● AutoEurope will be serviced by one of the above brands, likely Europcar or Thrifty. The payoff for not knowing which brand you have booked until you receive your confirmation is that you can often get a great price.
● Apollo Car Rental is serviced by Hertz at Brisbane Airport, but will have different terms and conditions. You can pick up a great bargain through the Apollo brand. Look out when these are the cheapest deals.
● Firefly Car Rental is another that is serviced by Hertz at Brisbane Airport. This means you will get access to the great Hertz fleet and in-terminal rental counters but often at lower prices.
● Keddy by Europcar are serviced through the Europcar desk in the Brisbane Airport terminals and draw on the same fleet but often offer great savings for Brisbane car rental.
Off Airport Rental Brands
● East Coast Car Rentals is an independent Australian operator offering great value for money on Brisbane car hire for recent and current models from compact cars to vans. They offer a complimentary shuttle to make it easy to get to their nearby depot which is found at 504 Nudgee Road, Hendra, Brisbane QLD 4011.
● Atlas Car Rental has a depot at 78 Toombul Road, Northgate, QLD 4013. Their late-model fleet ranges includes compact cars, big sedans, SUVs and even convertibles. They operate a free shuttle from the airport.
● Alpha Car Rental has a fleet of great new cars at 128 Gerler Road, Hendra, QLD 4011. They are a domestic company with great prices, and offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport for customers picking up or dropping off their rental cars.
● Bliss is serviced by Got 2 Go Car Hire, a five minute ride on the shuttle from Brisbane Airport. You can expect great savings on a range of modern and well-maintained vehicles.
More than just a capital city, Brisbane is one of Australia’s most underrated destinations. To visit ‘Brizzy’ is to unlock a world of arts, culture, events, restaurants and cafes, active lifestyles and endless sunshine. Built around the banks of the Brisbane River, it won’t take long for you to fall head over heels for this Queensland capital.
Brisbane is the Goldilocks of Queensland - it’s neither too far north nor too far south, and its position right in the middle along the coastline makes it the perfect destination or starting point for any road trip. There’s so much to see and do with your Brisbane car rental, so we’ve created a quick guide for some of the best activities, places to eat, and places to stay. Mix in a few of these options with your own research for a fast but fantastic introduction to Brisbane city.
Kirtan is a Sanskrit word for ‘reciting, telling, or narrating’, and is the idea behind the soul-fulfilling purpose of The Mantra Room in nine locations throughout Brisbane. This attraction is yoga and meditation with a difference, where singing sacred mantras, learning about vegetarian foods, and listening to speakers are woven into the fabric of this enlightening experience. You’ll relax, learn, reconnect, and enjoy delicious vegetarian foods within just a few hours at any one of The Mantra Room’s locations around Brisbane.
Snuggle up at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the oldest in the world, and has been home to these gorgeous Australian natives since 1927. Whether it’s your first visit to Australia and the first time you’ve seen these snuggly creatures, or you’re an Aussie on a road trip, there’s no reason not to stop in and cuddle a koala. There are more than 130 of them in the sanctuary, and you can book in for an encounter to learn more about this creature and have your photo taken together. The sanctuary is also home to a number of other animals such as Tasmanian devils, dingoes, raptors and reptiles, so you’ll enjoy a real introduction to several other Australian species as well.
Opened in 2003 in Brisbane’s City Hall, the Museum of Brisbane has a relatively short but rich history. Within its first decade, more than 3 million visitors viewed over 120 exhibitions, and those numbers have only grown from there. Your visit will give you an in-depth view on this city and its arts through exhibitions and events. The ‘100% Brisbane’ exhibition takes a look at the personal lives of 100 of the city’s residents, ‘Story Bridge’ examines the history of the iconic bridge that connects the two sides of the river, and the ‘Introduction to Brisbane’ permanent exhibit is the perfect place to learn more about what makes this city so special.
If you’ve never felt the thrill of flying away in a helicopter, now’s your chance. Pterodactyl Helicopters offers a variety of tours and experiences that will give you an incomparable view of Brisbane city and its surrounds, including cruising over Ipswich, The Scenic Rim, Somerset, Logan, Lockyer Valley, and the Redlands. You can either simply enjoy the flight, or opt for a trip where you stop off at Spicers Hidden Vale or Woodlands of Marburg for a lunch that’s as romantic as it is adventurous. Drive your Brisbane rental car to the flight depot by Lake Manchester just 45 minutes from the city to begin this unforgettable experience.
Soak in the views at Mt Coot-tha
Mt Coot-tha unashamedly promises Brisbane’s best views, and it’s hard to argue otherwise when you make the trip up to the top of the city’s highest peak, 287 metres above sea level. From the lookout point at the top, you’ll see right over Brisbane and as far as Moreton Bay on the other side, and you can watch as the sun goes down and the city’s lights switch on one by one. Pick up a coffee and a souvenir from the cafe and gift shop, or book a dinner reservation at the Summit Restaurant and Bar to enjoy a meal and a drink with your scenic views. There’s plenty of off- and on-street parking once you arrive.
Alchemy Restaurant & Bar is the stuff holidays, lazy afternoons and great catch ups with friends are made of. Perched scenically on the banks of the Brisbane River, diners can enjoy meals, drinks and views that leave nothing left to be desired. Chef Brad Jolly is one of Australia’s foremost kitchen masters, winning a number of prestigious awards both nationally and internationally. His fine dining menu is second-to-none, and is most notable for its use of liquid nitrogen in its dishes. The venue is ideal for any special event or function, with availability for both sit-down meals and cocktail-style celebrations. You’ll find a number of secured areas for parking along Eagle Street, as well as on Queen and Adelaide Streets for your Brisbane car rental.
Dine on the best steak of your life at the Black Hide Steakhouse
There are five little words that will almost certainly convince you to book at table at this eatery as soon as you arrive: ‘Australia’s best steak restaurant 2016’. Considering the Aussie adoration of a good steak, this is no small achievement. This award is one of a slew of accolades the restaurant has racked up over the years, and certainly won’t be the last. The Black Hide Steakhouse is the only one in Queensland to offer Stanbroke Beef cuts, and includes a vast array of selections such as Angus, Wagyu, and organic steaks. Enjoy share plates or a la carte, and discover why this restaurant only opened in 2013 but is already the stuff of Australian foodie legend.
Wander and feast at the Eat Street Markets
It’s hard to imagine what the old disused container wharf looked like before it became the Eat Street Markets, as there are few places in all of Brisbane as lively and exciting as this outdoor foodie extravaganza on a Friday or Saturday night. Open from 4pm to 10pm both days, you can wander the maze of shipping containers and enjoy dishes from around the world, sweet treats unlike anything you’ve ever seen, as well as live music and performers at every turn. For just a $2.50 entry fee, you’ll enjoy a night out with friends where you’ll no doubt try all of their meals and they will try all of yours. Get there early to grab one of the 500 free parking spots and be prepared for some traffic congestion when you leave.
Feast on Australian fare at Bacchus
Aptly named after the Greek god of wine and good times, Bacchus is an upscale Southbank restaurant that’s famed for its inventive Australian dishes and five-star service. The High Tea is especially divine, and the degustation menu with wine pairings offer dishes each more exceptional than the last (as a bonus, there are also vegetarian and vegan menus available). Be sure to book online in advance to secure a seat in this sought-after Brisbane restaurant.
Dine on views and delectable dishes at Blackbird Bar and Grill Restaurant
The Blackbird Bar and Grill Restaurant has been proudly serving up exquisite meals and jaw-dropping views from its spot on the banks of the Brisbane River since 2014. You’ll be able to spot the Story Bridge and the Kangaroo Point Cliffs from the dining area, as well as everything in between. The cocktail lounge was inspired by the Gatsby era with lavish furnishings and details, and the two intimate dining rooms create an atmosphere of romance and elegance. This eatery has been winning prestigious awards from the year it opened, such as ‘Wine list of the year 2016’, and shows no signs of slowing down its growth as a favourite spot for locals and visitors alike.
Stay in modern comfort just a few minutes from the Brisbane CBD at Oxygen Apartments. Each unit comes with its own kitchen so you can enjoy nights in, and a balcony so you can make the most of the city views out your window. These serviced apartments also have a gym, sauna, pool sun deck, 5 GB of WiFi data per night, and free parking for your Brisbane car rental. It’s convenient, affordable, comfortable and modern, and will become a fast favourite for any future return trips to the city.
Bunk Backpackers is technically a hostel, but feels more like a particularly affordable hotel than anything. After all, it’s not often you find a hostel with a pool and spa, free WiFi, breakfast included, and free transfers to the Koala Sanctuary and the Roma Street Transit Centre. This accommodation provider offers your usual dorm rooms, as well as privates, apartments and even deluxe dorms, all for fantastic low prices that will let you spend less on your bed for the night and more on your Brisbane adventures. Meet new friends in the Birdees bar and find your next Brisbane outing at the helpful travel desk. Parking is available onsite for a daily fee of $12.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city at the Mt Cotton Retreat, just 30 minutes out of town. While it’s far enough away to get you away from the central city, it’s still just a quick drive to get back into the action to check out the sites. This accommodation provider offers bed and breakfast and self-contained cabins, all set amongst the lush surrounds of Mt Cotton bushland. It’s not uncommon to spot wallabies, koalas and possums when wandering around the grounds, nor to forget about the busy city that’s just a stone’s throw away from this peaceful retreat!
Let one of the 75 Robertson Gardens deluxe motel rooms or 61 self-contained units become your home away from home just 20 minutes south of central Brisbane. This 4-star hotel has an on-site restaurant and bar so you never need travel far for a tasty bite to eat, and the swimming pool, children’s playground, and barbeque area make this option all the more enticing. The real attraction here is the 10 acres of native Australian gardens, where you can take a stroll to explore and relax during your holiday.
Drover’s Motor Inn is located in Dalby, roughly 210 kilometres from Brisbane and 40 minutes from the Wellcamp Airport. This 4-star modern luxury country motel offers free WiFi, an on-site restaurant, and mini-bars in every room. This is a fantastic spot for those looking to explore the Darling Downs Region, such as the Jimbour House, wineries, and the Dalby Art Gallery. Choose from one of several room options and enjoy your time exploring more of Queensland away from the coast.
Booking a car rental in Brisbane will help you get around all of its best attractions, and will give you the freedom of deciding where to stay during your trip. No matter what you get up to or where you rest your head in Brisbane, you won’t be left feeling disappointed.