An initial, non-refundable deposit will be secured at the time of booking confirmation. Accepted credit cards are Visa and MasterCard.
The balance is to be paid directly to the supplier on arrival.
The Supplier Accepts Payment condition
PREPAYMENT / DIRECT PAYMENT ON SPOT / CREDIT LINE (Requirements needed)
Prepayment terms: 7 Labor days prior to arrival. / 30 days after invoice receipt (Credit line subject to fullfil requirements)
Rates calculated on a daily and weekly basis, according to season
Rates in american dollars (US$)
The rate of a rental is calculated with the starting date
Rates are never fractioned
A security bond of USD $1500 is required at the counter.
USA/CA citizens your rates are fully exclusive. Therefore, Liability Damage Waiver (LDW), Theft Protection (TP) and Personal Liability Insurance (PLI) are not included. As LDW and PLI are compulsory in Costa Rica, you will have the option to purchase PLI and LDW/TP packages at the rental desk. Price will vary according to the vehicle category.
ROW (rest of the world, excludes USA/CA) Your rates are fully inclusive of LDW with an excess.
Other fees and extras not included in the rentals include:
-Recovery fee for delivery or collection of vehicle in different locations
-Baby and booster seats, GPS, Mobiles, etc
-Fees for loss of Keys, license Plates, vehicle legal Documents
-Traffic fines, Toll and Parking tickets
Costa Rica is moving to a new legislation on transit, insurances and taxes; if this new legislations have direct effects on our industry; Easycar can announce and apply the changes respectively to the items expose in this agreement that may be affected and modified, it includes tariffs, insurances (coverage and deductibles), cost of accesories, drop offs charges, traffic taxes, traffic fines, etc.; all based in the principle of legality and respect of the country legislation.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS - SALES BASIS: ON REQUEST, FREESELL AND BLACK OUT
Sales Basis. Easycar offers the following sales basis; On Request: it means that all reservations are subject to availability and a request must be sent to Easycar Reservations Department; Freesell: it means that all reservations requests are available to confirm; with Black Out: it means that during Black Out periods all request are subject to availability, black out dates are: Easter Week, From July 15 to August 20 and from December 20 to January 03, without exeptions. Other black out dates can be previously announced.
The rental agreement provides one main driver included. The first additional driver is free of charge.
2. Valid driver license. A foreing driver license is valid in Costa Rica for 90 days.
3. Minimum age for rental is 23 years old.
4. Major credit card (AMEX, VISA, MASTER CARD) with credit enough to cover the deductible (excess) of the chosen insurance, plus the value of the rental.
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Rental period is 24 hours.
2. After 4 hours of late car return, you will be charged with the daily rate.
3. Cars can not be taken out of Costa Rica.
4. The cost of the additional driver is: US$ 3 per day.
5. No debit cards or cash are accepted for the deposit.
6. Easycar offers meet and greet service at the airport when exact flight details are provided. Renter will be received at external arrival gates by an Easycar representative.
7. When flight details are not provided, the customer may call upon arrival for free shuttle service available in San Jose Airport and in Liberia airport at the local toll free number +506 2442-2422 at office hours.
8. The vehicle should be returned with the same level of fuel stated in the contract.
9. The client or agency representative has to present the voucher in original, at the moment of the rental. A copy can be send as backup, for the reservations archive.
10. Minimum Rental Length of 3 days, if the service is required between Easycar offices or areas with Drop Off charges.
One hour tolerance for late returns, if the returning overpass the tolerance hour set a surcharge will be apply per each additional hour or fraction of 30 minutes until the 4th hour, and after 4 hours of late return, a one day charge will be made.
RESERVATIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The agency must provide the following information in the reservations request:
· Passenger name (Name and last name)
· Category and type of vehicle
· Date, hour and place of car delivery (Hotel or Flight number)
· Date, hour and place of car return (Hotel or Flight number)
· Services included (Ex. Basic Insurance, LDW, SPP or Total, Mobile phone, GPS, Baby seats, Additional drivers, Number of pax, etc)
Easycar will have a 24-hour response after receiving the request.
In the event of cancellation the initial deposit paid remains non-refundable.
The supplier supports no shows or Cancellations on Counter will not be penalized. A late cancellation notice before scheduled arrival will not carry any penalty. If the vehicle is returned before the scheduled date in the reservation request, no refunds apply.
The rental rate contains
* First Additional Driver (Free of Charge)
* Unlimited Mileage or Km
* Airport, Road and Local Taxes
* Road Assistance (Service Fees may apply)
* At the airports Meet and Greet Service with Free Shuttle to our facility (Full Flight Information required)
Mandatory Local Charges
* For rentals in Costa Rica:
- Loss Damage Waiver including Theft (LDW) and Primary Liability Insurance (PLI) are mandatory. If the customer owns a CDW Individual Travel Insurance Policy or Credit Card coverage that allows declining LDW, Theft and PLI and waive their responsibility, customer must comply with the following conditions:
* Rental Guarantee Deposit must be given with the same Credit Card used to book the car rental.
* Present at the time of rental Written Valid Proof from the Travel Insurance Company or Credit Card issuer (Bank) detailing LDW and PLI protection in Costa Rica, in off-road conditions and for the category requested. If the Travel Insurance Policy or Credit Card coverage only waives LDW/CDW responsibility, the PLI must be purchased separately at the rental desk.
Optional Extras and Additional Fees
* Exemption for Primary Liability Insurance (PLI) - Available locally from $10 to $20 per day. Sold separate If LDW is declined.
* Exemption for Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) and Theft Protection (TP) - Available locally from $15 to $25 per day. As a benefit PLI is included.
* Full Exemption for Excess/Deductible of LDW and Extension of PLI Coverage from $17 per day
* Recovery Fee for delivery and collection in different locations (only if applies)
* Fee for delivery and collection of cars in other locations, i.e. hotels, companies, etc.
* Fees for additional accessories requested at the time of rental, i.e. babyseats, boosters, GPS, Mobiles, etc.
* Fees for Loss of Keys, Loss of License Plates, Loss of Legal Documents of the vehicle, Traffic Fines, Tolls and Parking Tickets.
Requirements for Guarantee Deposit
Only Credit Cards+ accepted to rent the vehicle:
* VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS AND MASTERCARD
+ Credit Card holder must be the renter (main driver)
All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel. Must be returned full or refueling charges will apply.
Country Boundaries Restrictions
Car rental vehicles use is restricted to the national territory of Costa Rica.
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year through an outsourcing company, who have hired resources in all the country in order to deliver a response of approximately 60 minutes.
The cost of the service is free, when taken the SPP insurance.
1. Towage service for the rented vehicle, when involved in an event.
2. Continued trip service for the client to the next destination. This is done with a taxi
3. Basic road assistance at the site.
d. Ciudad Quesada Office - Opening Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 (Monday to Saturday)
5. Ambulance service, in case of a medical emergency due to an accident .
6. Billingual receptionist.
Costa Rica Asistencia Emergency Number: (506) 2542-4888
1. Tire change.
CAR AND DRIVER PROGRAM
Cost: please consult the Reservations Department for a quote
1. Billingual driver: english / spanish
2. Food and lodging costs of the driver.
3. Full coverage for the vehicle with US$0 deductible.
4. No deposit for the deductible is required.
5. Mobile rental
1. A minimum of 3 consecutive days rental is required
2. The driver should not work more than 8 hours.
3. Fuel is not included in the costs.
PROTECTION AND COVERAGE
Loss Damage Waiver (LDW): between US$13 and US$25 per day. Please refer to the rates
Primary Liability Insurance (PLI): between US$10 and US$20 per day. Please refer to the rates
Supplemental Protection Plan: US$17 per day in all categories, is the comprehensive option for having a Total Protection Plan with no deductibles.
Program 1. As part of our Committment with Sustainability, Easycar presents an innovation: offer a clean vacation to it´s clients.
2. The tourist will be asked to donate certain amount to compensate the carbon emissions during their vacations, the amount is accordingly to the program supported.
3. The tourist can decline the charge, in case this is requested.
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier's rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Vehicle capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
In the event of cancellation, any deposit amounts paid at the time of booking are non-refundable.
If you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Online Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 4 Excelsior House, 6 Commerce St , Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.
Airportrentals.com offers the best car rental rates, guaranteed