The heat is on - car rental in Honolulu
So, you’ve decided to take the warm option and pick up a Honolulu car rental
. Welcome Santa with sunscreen on your face in the stunning state capital of Hawaii. Combining beaches galore with fascinating wildlife and an outdoor lifestyle, an Airport Rentals vehicle
will allow you to fully enjoy the region – and let’s not forget the laid-back atmosphere created by the locals, with hula dancing at sunset a common sight.
Get set for the sunshine in your Honolulu car rental
While Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer makes his way through the snowy skies, millions of people around the world spend Christmas on the beach with a cocktail in hand - and Honolulu is the perfect spot for this. Whether you’re travelling alone, as a couple or with an extended group, you will still get that festive feeling when you arrive at Honolulu Airport to pick up your car rental. The City Lights will be sparkling in the night sky and there are various festivities on the streets for you and the little ones to enjoy, including the Public Workers Electric Light Parade and plenty of holiday concerts - a 50ft Christmas tree is also part of the welcoming committee.
Where to go and what to do – so many attractions in Honolulu
Growing all the time, Honolulu Airport deals with more than 20 million passengers every year, servicing domestic flights in America
and international airlines in the likes of Australia
, New Zealand
with new routes being established all the time. There are now four major runways and three terminal buildings, so sorting out your car with Airport Rentals before you arrive will make your life so much easier.
Once you’ve collected your vehicle, it’s time to enjoy the sights of Honolulu – here’s just a few:
- Pearl Harbor: On December 7, 1941, the world changed forever when Japan launched a military strike on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, leading to America’s entry into the Second World War. Today, that event is remembered with Historic Sites open to the public. These include USS Missouri, the Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor and Arizona Memorial. You can even board USS Bowfin to get a feel for a WWII submarine. Take guided tours or stroll at your own pace.
- Hanauma Bay: On the south-east coast of Oahu, this is a mecca for tourists. With green sea turtles to 400 species of fish, diving is unsurprisingly very popular. This incredible wildlife is protected by the Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – just be aware that it’s closed on Tuesdays.
- Wet’n’Wild Hawaii: A big family-favourite, this fun park has over 25 attractions and is perched on 29 acres of lush tropical landscape. Attractions include Hawaiian Waters Wavepool, the Big Kahuna, Kapolei Kooler and Shaka slide. Park your car rental in the designated areas near the entrance – however, there is a charge per vehicle.
- Halona Blowhole / Manoa Falls: There are too many natural wonders in Honolulu to list here, so here’s just a couple. Rock formation Halona Blowhole on Oahu offers amazing views of the Pacific Ocean (Halona means lookout in Hawaiian). The blowhole is formed by molten lava tubes, thanks to volcanic eruptions dating back thousands of years. Also on Oahu is Manoa Falls, with a drop of nearly 50 metres. A hike is required, but it’s well worth it.
- Road trips in Hawaii: Seeing as you have a fantastic car rental at your disposal, it’s worth hitting the open road for a few day trips. You can start in Waikiki and head towards Diamond Head Lookout on Diamond Head Road. Next you will come to Hanauma Bay and the famous Blowhole. Remember, there are beaches all the way along the drive. Waimea Canyon on Kauai is very popular, as are the North Shore beaches.
- Iolani Palace: The only official state residence of royalty in the United States. The Palace housed the Hawaiian kingdom’s last two monarchs in the late 19th century – King Kalakaua and his sister Queen Liliuokalani.
- Weather forecast in Honolulu: A truly glorious climate, you can look forward to average high temperatures in the 80s for most of the year, with the temperature dropping slightly in December and January.
The bonuses to a Xmas holiday
Perhaps you’ve always stayed at home at Christmas, or simply jumped in the car to be with family in another state. And while tradition has its place, the excitement of a December break is like nothing else. Airport Rentals can deliver a great Honolulu vehicle, so your transport is sorted. Letting someone else worry about cleaning your accommodation is one less thing to stress about, so it’s a hassle-free Christmas – which is a very rare thing. Also, if you’re travelling with young ones, spending Christmas in a different location is a source of fantastic fun and lifelong memories for the kids. As for being forced to spend the holidays on a beach or outside or diving into the sea, that’s not such a hardship!
Why choose Airport Rentals at Christmas?
While demand is high for Honolulu car rental during the festive period, we are uniquely placed to offer a huge selection of vehicles. With more than one million bookings across 2000 individual airport rental car sites already under our belts, you can trust us to deliver.
Our easy-to-use search engine allows you to filter your search by design, age and budget. From economy to medium or compact… or perhaps you need a Premium/Luxury vehicle or SUV? Just Filter your selection and choose from the major international brands in Hawaii, including Budget, Thrifty, Hertz or Avis. Our lowest-price guarantee and experienced customer service team deliver the most comprehensive car rental operation on the market. Simply compare all the prices on offer – the rest is up to you.
If you’re picking up at the actual airport or require a shuttle to the depot, all of this information is at your fingertips. And our independently run TrustPilot reviews page backs us up - check out the many testimonials from around the world. Also, talk to us about covering yourself, should anything go wrong. Our deductible cover deals are second to none – just talk to our customer service team.
Dreaming of the ultimate White Christmas
The capital of Utah, Salt Lake City is the perfect Christmas holiday destination. After landing at SLC Airport and collecting your car rental
, a winter wonderland lies at your doorstep. This mountainous region is renowned for having the best quality snow in the world, which just adds to its romantic feel. As you would expect, the Salt Lake weather forecast is a truly festive one, with a snowy winter. However, the view of the Rocky Mountains is extra-special at this time – yet another reason to chill out in SLC!
Salt Lake City built for winter travellers
There can be no doubting Salt Lake’s tourist reputation is built on skiing. With four world-class resorts on offer, thousands of tourists pour in every year to hit the slopes. In fact, traveller spending exceeded US$7bn in 2012 according to the Utah Office of Tourism
Branded Ski City USA, the local region now offers a variety of hotels, restaurants, bars and nightlife within the resorts. Municipalities such as Sandy and Holladay are all part of enhancing the urban experience – and millions of dollars have been invested.
Things to do in Salt Lake City
Let’s start with the obvious… skiing! Ski City USA offers four Cottonwood Resorts in the Wasatch Mountains, delivering some of the best ‘powder’ on the planet. These are Alta, Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton. All of these have their own different character. Alta offers a chilled-out vibe, while Snowbird is a huge mountain for your more hard-core ski experts. Solitude has a great intermediate section, while Brighton is also for those somewhat more skilled. But there are other options, including Parley’s Canyon, where you will find Park City, Deer Valley and Canyons. It really is a winter sports paradise.
But SLC is way more than a one-trick pony. Your car rental from Salt Lake City Airport will come in very handy as you negotiate the local region, and there is much to see and do. Other attractions include:
- Temple Square: With a direct airport shuttle, this is a 10-acre complex with a fascinating history dating back to 1853. Owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you will find two visitors’ centres, Salt Lake Temple and the remarkable Family History Library – the largest genealogical library in the world.
- City Creek Center: Having undergone a US$2bn redevelopment, this is described as Salt Lake’s retail centrepiece, with numerous restaurants as well as stores. Santa Claus is also known to pay a visit.
- TRAX Light Rail: Jump on the super-efficient rail line to Gilgal Sculpture Garden, with 12 original pieces of work and more than 70 stones engraved with scriptures and poems. It’s a stunning visionary art environment.
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art: Pretty self-explanatory, the museum hosts exhibitions and special events, including talks and film/dance specials. There are in-residence artists and educators, helping to establish the site as an outstanding faculty of learning for all the family.
- Hogle Zoo: Covering 42 acres, there’s around 800 animals to get up close and personal with, including seals, sea lions, a polar bear, tigers, lions and zebras.
Why do a cold Christmas?
Whether it’s the leaves turning colour in autumn or the longer days of summer, seasonal changes are a delightful rite of passage. And everyone knows a white Christmas is something extra special. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, snowfall on the mountains… there’s a definite romance to this time. The little ones can hit the slopes with their toboggans, while an evening brandy goes down extra smooth for mum and dad. Salt Lake City is the ideal destination for this traditional adventure, with a growing tourism infrastructure, a superbly efficient International Airport with more than 700 daily flights and four ski resorts just 40 minutes away in your Utah car rental.
Salt Lake Airport Rentals – compare deals, drive away happy
Christmas time is exceptionally busy in the car rental industry. Many people are looking to go on holiday, which is why Airport Rentals is one step ahead of the game. Our network operates in more than 2000 individual airport rental car sites, with more than one million bookings already under our belt. With such a comprehensive selection of vehicles at your disposal, we’re confident you can beat the rush and land the perfect Salt Lake car rental. However, it’s always a good idea to book as far in advance as possible.
The rental process itself is straightforward. Just enter your travel details for a list of available Salt Lack vehicle rentals. From here you can filter your choice depending on class (economy, compact, medium, luxury, etc), fleet, size and availability – perhaps you need a car for the slopes immediately or can wait 24 hours. Whatever your requirements, we will provide as much information as we can, including the ‘Hot Sellers’ and ‘Cheapest on Airport’. From Hertz to Thrifty and more local companies, you are in safe hands. Also, travelling during winter can be difficult with treacherous conditions so check out our deals on deductible cover. You can never predict what’s going to happen, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.