The United States has some indefinable quality that makes it perfect for road trips. Cruising down the interstate with the wind in your hair, your favourite tunes playing and miles of open road ahead has to be the ideal start to any adventure. The sheer diversity of landscapes and cultures within the continental United States alone makes for myriad road trip opportunities, no matter what kind of journey you’re after.
A US airport car rental will give you the freedom to explore this colorful country at your leisure - once you set out, the whole of the United States is your oyster. It doesn’t matter whether you’re planning a coastal journey through the seaside towns of New England, traversing the vast plains of the Midwest or cruising California’s Big Sur, when you hire a car in the US you’re bound for unforgettable adventure.
AirportRentals.com - The best way to find US car rental deals
A US airport car rental is one of the easiest ways to begin your American journey, but if you’re trying to search through multiple websites to find the best rental deal, booking isn’t always an easy process. AirportRentals.com cuts out all that hassle and presents you with all the best deals from a wide array of US car rental suppliers in one easy to search place.
To rent a car in the United States that’s perfect for your particular trip and budget, all you need to do is enter a few basic details about your journey - like where you want to pick your vehicle up from, where you’re ultimately headed to and the dates of your journey. You can then scroll through a range of hire options from a number of different suppliers and select the best one for you. Simple.
Airport rentals around the United States
Wherever you’re planning to start your road trip, it won’t be hard to find a US car rental that’s just right for you on AirportRentals.com. Below you can find just a handful of the most popular places to rent a car in the United States.
● Los Angeles Airport car rental - Landing in Los Angeles puts the southwestern United States at your disposal - not to mention that you get to explore this legendary city before you head on your way.
● Tampa Airport car rental - Sun seekers arriving in Tampa will find themselves in the midst of a leisure paradise, with many more exciting destinations within easy driving distance - the theme parks of Orlando, the sands of Miami Beach and the bayous and bars of the Keys are all within your grasp.
● Denver car rental - Nicknamed ‘Mile High City’ for its lofty elevation, Denver is a beautiful city that will see travelers hitting ski slopes, hiking in nearby forests or using the city’s central location as a launch point for adventures further afield.
● Las Vegas car rental - The entertainment capital of the world has quite the reputation, and it’s entirely well earned. Of course, with a Las Vegas car rental you can head out of the city once you’ve had your fill of magnificent excess, and discover impressive sights like the Hoover Dam, Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon.
● Phoenix car rental - Cold weather getting you down? Phoenix is the perfect place to escape the winter doldrums, with its perennially warm climate. It’s also favored by golfing aficionados with a number of Jack Nicklaus-designed courses in town.
● Seattle car rental - The capital of the Pacific Northwest, Seattle is a beacon of culture and cutting edge technology. This is also an eco-friendly city, surrounded by miles of pristine evergreen forests and glorious mountains, so taking a road trip into Washington’s wilderness is highly recommended.
● San Francisco Airport car rental - Starting out from this effortlessly cool city puts you in the perfect position to explore the beautiful wineries and wilderness of Northern California, or head down the coast in a car hire to marvel at the expansive scenery of Big Sur.
United States road rules
Driving in the United States isn’t a tricky proposition, although it’s still good to familiarize yourself with the road rules that apply to the states you’ll be traveling in with your car hire. Each state has its own laws, rules and regulations, but there are a number of broad principles which apply nationwide. A valid driver’s licence is needed - while foreign licences are generally okay, some states will require an International Driving Permit as well. Driving while impaired by alcohol is illegal in the United States, and while the percentage limit varies a little from state to state, the legal limit is usually around 0.8%. Lastly, everyone in the United States drives on the right hand side of the road. Most other countries use the same arrangement, but visitors from countries that drive on the left should be cautious especially when turning at intersections.
For those wanting a more exhaustive look at the finer points of hitting the road in the US, make sure you take a look at our United States driving guide which has all the info you need to drive confidently in the US in your rental vehicle.
United States driving tips
Finally, see below for a few quick pointers on driving in the United States:
● Watch your speed when traveling on the interstate highways - the distances are vast and it’s easy to let your speed creep up.
● Road conditions can vary drastically depending on where in the United States you’re visiting, so make sure you adjust your driving to the conditions, which can be extreme in some parts of the country.
● Watch for speed limit signs while in your US car hire, as speed limits will vary from state to state, as well as from highway to suburban road.
● Speed limits are both measured and displayed in miles per hour.
● Toll roads are known as turnpikes, and have various methods of charging for road usage depending on which state you’re in - check ahead to see if your route includes any toll roads.
Airportrentals.com offers the best car rental rates, guaranteed