The United States has some indefinable quality that makes it perfect for road trips. Cruising down the interstate with the wind in your hair, your favourite tunes playing and miles of open road ahead has to be the ideal start to any adventure. The sheer diversity of landscapes and cultures within the continental United States alone makes for myriad road trip opportunities, no matter what kind of journey you’re after.
Airport rentals around the United States
- Los Angeles Airport car rental - Landing in Los Angeles puts the southwestern United States at your disposal - not to mention that you get to explore this legendary city before you head on your way.
- Tampa Airport car rental - Sun seekers arriving in Tampa will find themselves in the midst of a leisure paradise, with many more exciting destinations within easy driving distance - the theme parks of Orlando, the sands of Miami Beach and the bayous and bars of the Keys are all within your grasp.
- Denver car rental - Nicknamed ‘Mile High City’ for its lofty elevation, Denver is a beautiful city that will see travelers hitting ski slopes, hiking in nearby forests or using the city’s central location as a launch point for adventures further afield.
- Las Vegas car rental - The entertainment capital of the world has quite the reputation, and it’s entirely well earned. Of course, with a Las Vegas car rental you can head out of the city once you’ve had your fill of magnificent excess, and discover impressive sights like the Hoover Dam, Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon.
- Phoenix car rental - Cold weather getting you down? Phoenix is the perfect place to escape the winter doldrums, with its perennially warm climate. It’s also favored by golfing aficionados with a number of Jack Nicklaus-designed courses in town
- Seattle car rental - The capital of the Pacific Northwest, Seattle is a beacon of culture and cutting edge technology. This is also an eco-friendly city, surrounded by miles of pristine evergreen forests and glorious mountains, so taking a road trip into Washington’s wilderness is highly recommended.
- San Francisco Airport car rental - Starting out from this effortlessly cool city puts you in the perfect position to explore the beautiful wineries and wilderness of Northern California, or head down the coast in a car hire to marvel at the expansive scenery of Big Sur.
United States road rules
United States driving tips
- Watch your speed when traveling on the interstate highways - the distances are vast and it’s easy to let your speed creep up.
- Road conditions can vary drastically depending on where in the United States you’re visiting, so make sure you adjust your driving to the conditions, which can be extreme in some parts of the country.
- Watch for speed limit signs while in your US car hire, as speed limits will vary from state to state, as well as from highway to suburban road.
- Speed limits are both measured and displayed in miles per hour.
- Toll roads are known as turnpikes, and have various methods of charging for road usage depending on which state you’re in - check ahead to see if your route includes any toll roads.
Airportrentals.com offers the best car rental rates, guaranteed