Laid-back and sunny, Western Australia is a fantastic place for a relaxing road trip. A car rental Perth is just the beginning! Explore the city to your heart's content, then move beyond to the amazing landscapes unique to this part of the country. The stunning Indian Ocean coastline has endless white-sand beaches, and inland lies the Golden Outback which is vast and diverse with a fascinating gold rush history.
Compare and book your Car Rental Perth
Our simple search engine makes it easy for you to find a Perth car hire vehicle. Just enter your dates and other relevant details to see a list of rentals matching your requirements - easy! You can then peruse the options and make comparisons to find the best car for your Perth road trip.
Filters make the search even quicker. To see only cars which fit your needs, you can choose categories like pick-up method, class, rental fleet and transmission type.
Represented on the site are plenty of major brands along with smaller national or local rental companies. You will be spoilt for choice.
Cheap car hire at Perth Airport - find the best prices
Our global buying power allows us to offer customers some of the lowest rates anywhere on the world wide web for Perth Airport car rental. There’s no need to spend hours getting quotes from each individual company, just search and book! Alongside our everyday low prices, you will find special discounts and deals on the main page or indicated in the search results. If you are flexible, make plans around the deals offered for a cost-effective holiday.
Perth Airport: Domestic and International
Perth Airport has an international terminal and three domestic terminals. Perth car rental desks can be found on the ground floors of all four terminals, and rental suppliers operating here include Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot/Sixt and Thrifty. Some companies operate from depots away from the airport, but you don’t need to worry about finding your way - the majority of these offer shuttles to get their customers to and from the airport.
Paths from Perth: Where to take your rental car from Perth Airport
As the only major city in Western Australia, Perth is the ideal gateway to exploring the state. Remember to drive on the left and keep an eye out for posted speed limits, which are in kilometres per hour.
North of Perth is a long and relatively untouched coast stretching up to Geraldton. A drive along the Indian Ocean Drive, also called State Route 60, is a fabulous trip. There are numerous nature reserves, state forests and many, many beaches along the way.
The coastline south of Perth is a little more built up, but still a great destination for your car hire road trip. Bunbury and Busselton are both seaside towns popular with tourists, especially in the scorching summer months. Busselton is known for its distinctive two-kilometre long jetty. The Rainbow Coast takes up some of the south-west corner of Australia and is arguably one of the most beautiful places on earth. It is less than a day’s drive from the city.
The Golden Outback should be high on anyone’s list of places to visit in Perth. With incredible blue skies, glowing golden landscapes and mind-blowing open spaces, it is an unforgettable travel destination. Here you can experience Aboriginal culture, see gold mining history and discover life in Australia’s harsh but spectacular interior.
You are in for an unforgettable trip with a car hire from Perth Airport, no matter where it takes you! Book your Car Rental Perth WA holiday today.
Perth may be far away from all of Australia’s other major cities, alone on the west coast, but it is no backwater. At the airport you will find a huge range of rental companies offering all kinds of Perth cars for hire. The choice is yours, and Airportrentals.com is here to help you make it. Big group or couple travelling light? Long road trip or city break? Here’s what you need to know for your car rental Perth adventure.
On Airport Brands
● Avis Car Rental is located at Perth Airport, Horrie Miller Drive, WA 6105. The company also has a downtown depot at 46 Hill Street. They offer a far-reaching range of late-model vehicles, with everything from a small and fuel-efficient economy car to a full size van to fit the family or a 4WD SUV. Avis also offers prestige and luxury vehicles.
● Budget Car Rental has not only a handy counter at Perth Airport, Horrie Miller Drive, WA 6105 but also several car hire depots around the city of Perth, including one right in the city centre at 960 Hay Street. Their fleet of vehicles includes all sizes, luxury and premium models, and also a good range of 4WDs which can be handy for Western Australia.
● Europcar has a location at Perth Airport, Horrie Miller Drive, WA 6105 for arriving passengers. The company also has a downtown depot at 3-5 Gordon Street. Europcar offers a diverse range of vehicles which cover the spectrum from the small, eco- and budget-friendly models to medium and large sedans, minivans, SUVs and a fantastic range of luxury vehicles including convertibles and sports sedans.
● Hertz Car Rentalhas a handy in-terminal counter at Perth Airport, Horrie Miller Drive, WA 6105 and a Perth car hire depot in the city centre at 475 Murray Street. Their wide range of cars to rent includes not only the usual economy, medium and full sized cars but a Prestige Collection, a Fun Collection, and Adrenaline Collection and a Family Collection with all kinds of vehicles on offer.
● Redspot Car Rentals is an Australian company with a location at Perth Airport, Horrie Miller Drive, WA 6105 and a downtown option at the Hyatt Centre, 99 Adelaide Terrace. Their fleet of vehicles has an average age of just six months and offers a range of sizes from economy to large.
● Thrifty Car Rentalhas a counter at Perth Airport, Horrie Miller Drive, WA 6105 and also one downtown at 198 Adelaide Terrace. Their range of modern car rental Perth vehicles has small, medium, large and luxury models, people movers and 4WDs to suit all groups and all holiday plans.
● AutoEurope Car Rentalbranded vehicles will be from one of the suppliers you see above, and rented from their counter in the terminals at Perth Airport, Horrie Miller Drive, WA 6105. Look out for this brand as it often offers great savings.
● Apollo Car Rental is serviced by Hertz at Perth Airport, so head to the Hertz counter to pick up your Apollo car hire in Perth. It will come with different terms and conditions, and it is worth having a read over these as at certain times of the year they can have the best prices.
● Firefly Car Rental is serviced by Hertz at the Hertz desk at Perth Airport, and offers the same great late-model vehicles. They can be very well priced under the Firefly brand, so consider this when making your booking.
● Keddy by Europcar is serviced at the Europcar desk in Perth Airport, and draws from their modern fleet. Keep an eye on this brand for great savings at particular points during the year.
Off Airport Brands
● Ace Rentalsis an off-airport supplier with a depot at the corner of Great Eastern Highway and Belgravia Street, Belmont, Perth, WA 6000. Their fleet is slightly older and they have very good rates. They offer a courtesy shuttle to and from the airport.
Explore the city of Perth & it's surrounds with Airport Rentals
It’s no secret that Sydney and Melbourne tend to hog all the good press when it comes to Australian cities, but at the other end of the continent is a vastly underrated place with a host of attractions and road trip opportunities. Perth sits on shores of the Indian Ocean, serving as a major hub for most of Australia’s western settlements, and has grown from a small British settler colony to a thriving world-class city over the past two centuries.
For those who are planning a trip to Western Australia, or flying in and picking up a car rental in Perth, we’ve compiled a quick guide to some of the things you can do in Perth, as well as places you can stay or dine. Be sure to do a little research of your own before setting out, as any guide will only be able to capture a fraction of the opportunities that Perth offers.
There are few experiences as awe-inspiring as swimming with a giant whale shark.
One of the best ways to spend your time in Western Australia is on or under the startlingly blue waters off the coast. Exactly which kind of oceanic experience you end up enjoying is entirely up to you. Whether you feel like swimming with enormous whale sharks, sailing around the picturesque Rottnest Island or chartering a vessel to take your next event seaward, Charter 1 has you covered.
If you’ve got the family along for the ride, a trip to the Just 4 Fun Aqua Park should be right at the top of your itineraries. There are adventurous activities for the older kids, a Knee Deep Zone for the little ones and even BBQ facilities so you can all hang out in the shade and share a picnic. You can choose from two different locations depending on where you’re based: Mandurah and Rottnest Island.
Sometimes all you need is to escape from the frenetic pace of city life and indulge in a little bit of serenity. Araluen Botanic Park is the perfect spot to do just that, set in the Darling Range just 35km southeast of Perth’s city centre. Rich soil and high rainfall allow all kinds of native and exotic flora to flourish here, and visitors strolling through the gardens might notice grey kangaroos, wallabies or blue-tongued skinks wandering the grounds.
Rockface Indoor Rock Climbing Centre Perth offers the perfect way to get in a workout while still having fun. Challenge yourself and compete with friends in feats of strength and daring or take it easy with a beginner wall. There are climbing opportunities for all ages and stages, so there’s no need to count yourself out just because you’ve never tried this sort of thing before.
One of Perth’s less well known attributes is its proximity to a foodie wonderland of vineyards and gourmet restaurants, and Swan Valley Tours can treat you to all the best gastronomic highlights without you having to lift a finger. There are all sorts of different ways to sample the fruits of the Swan Valley, from tours in coaches to luxury sedans to cruises. With no need to drive yourself from place to place, you can purely concentrate on savouring each glorious moment.
One of the best ways to spend a sunny summer’s day in Western Australia is playing in the beautiful waters off the coast. Kiteboarding offers the adventurous a thrilling opportunity to harness the power of wind and waves, making the ocean your own playground. If you’d prefer a slightly more sedate option, stand up paddleboarding gives you the same oceanic connection without the same level of physical workout.
From fancy wineries to inner city soul food, Western Australia has something for every foodie.
A really excellent restaurant doesn’t just rely on its food to impress - the setting is equally important, as diners begin their experience before even lifting a utensil. Black Swan Winery & Restaurant excels in this regard, with floor to ceiling views over green fields, vineyards and grazing animals, with a magnificent Darling Range in the background.
Not every meal has to be an exercise in fine dining - sometimes you just need to chomp down on some really tasty tucker. Toastface Grillah is a Perth hidden classic, serving a range of hearty toasties to satisfy every kind of flavour craving. It’s tucked away down a side lane and you’ll need to avoid rush hours to claim a place inside, but it’s all worth it for that toasted goodness.
Millbrook prides itself on a “from the property” menu which incorporates an astounding range of ingredients sourced onsite, from seasonal heirloom vegetables, stone fruit and herbs to olives, honey and free range eggs. Best of all, if you don’t feel like a standard sit-down meal, during spring/summer Millbrook can sort you out with a picnic basket to take down to the lakeside.
Cottesloe Beach is the best place to stay for beach holidays in Perth.
When you’re visiting the Perth area, it could be easy enough to book a generic hotel and leave it at that, but if you really want to get a taste of what Western Australia has to offer, a visit at Lavendale Farm is on the cards. About an hour and a half to the east of Perth, Lavendale offers an idyllic rural escape with a range of cottages on offer. This is the perfect way to get back to nature and focus on the simple pleasures in life.
Miss Maud Swedish Hotel
Located right in the midst of Perth’s inner city, Miss Maud Swedish Hotel is not only a convenient choice for those wanting to base themselves close to the CBD, but it also has a quirky charm to it with features like a generous smörgåsbord breakfast included in the room price and a tranquil rooftop garden complementing the Euro style architecture. It’s not the most modern hotel in Perth, but it more than makes up for that in character.
Cottesloe Waters Executive Apartments
Keen to relax like a local in one of Perth’s most enviable beachside suburbs? These professionally managed residential accommodations are just the thing for you. Ranging from studio apartments to six bedroom houses suitable for the whole family, there’s plenty of choice and each one is set in the laidback beachy Cottesloe area. Consider opting for a beachfront apartment and you’ll have just a few metres between you and a sandy beach - perfect!
This is a city brimming with opportunities, and booking a car rental in Perth gives you the freedom to explore them at your leisure, staying as close or ranging as far as you like. One thing is for certain: there’s never any reason to be bored when you visit Australia’s great western city.