Gold Coast Car Rental – a driving experience like no other
Our website is uniquely positioned to deliver the best car rental deal from Gold Coast Airport. Comparing all the leading companies, while offering special offers and unique packages, you can’t go wrong. You can pre-pay or settle up on arrival – we’re all about customer choice.
There are many road trips worth taking – but a Gold Coast Car Rental in Australia has to be near the top of the list. Blessed with stunning beaches, gorgeous sky-scapes, a beautiful climate and that relaxed atmosphere you only get Down Under, it’s a truly unique travel destination. And when you arrive at Gold Coast Airport, your priority will be to get out there as soon as possible. So let us take away the stress of car hire, meaning you can collect your luggage, your vehicle and begin an extra-special Aussie adventure.
Just compare, click and take your pick
The key to getting the best hire car on the Gold Coast is a variety of choice. If you deal with individual companies, you only get to see what they have on offer. Thanks to our unique search engine, we collate all the latest bargains in one place – with the top brands and local suppliers all there for you. The prevalent brands in Queensland include Alamo, Apollo, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty and plenty more. With so much choice on offer, let the experts break it down for you.
We have an outstanding track record, with more than 900,000 satisfied customers already on the books. All you have to do is input your travel details and click the big yellow search button – we do the rest. You will immediately see pages and pages of Gold Coast car rental vehicle options for your specific itinerary. The cheapest option will be at the top of the list.
Bargains, deals and specials galore
There are no hidden surprises on our site, with everything you need to know right there in front of you. Also check out if it’s a ‘Hot Seller’ or ‘Cheapest on Airport’. These specials pop up regularly. Along with vehicle specifications (passenger numbers, luggage capacity, air-conditioning, transmission), you can see which specials come with the deal by comparing Gold Coast car hire via our booking widget. These vary from Free Additional Driver to Free Amendments or 24-hour Roadside Assistance. If the prices of the cheapest deals are close, these extras can help you make your decision.
On the Gold Coast home page, the Special Offers are constantly updated. These can vary from company to company. There may be an extra day if you rent for seven thanks to Avis or a Double Upgrade, while East Coast Car Rental could have special rates. Bookmark our site so you don’t miss out. Our free Car Rental app is also worth a download.
Getting around Coolangatta Airport
Thanks to an extensive redevelopment, Gold Coast Airport is in great shape, with freshly spruced up arrivals and departure halls, great shops, services and facilities. It’s so impressive, the extensive runway actually crosses the border of both New South Wales and Queensland, approximately 25km south of Surfers Paradise and 100km south of Brisbane. A domestic and international operation, it services the likes of Jetstar, Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia.
When you walk off the plane, you will be able to just grab your baggage and sort out your hire car on the Gold Coast in minutes – just book in advance as far as possible. Within Gold Coast Airport the major car rental companies are opposite arrivals. These are:
If you book your Gold Coast car rental through another company, for example Bargain Car Rentals, a brief shuttle service is in operation from the airport. You can check this when you first book the vehicle on our website. Don’t dismiss this idea, as this method can sometimes be cheaper than the direct terminal pick-up and is worth the brief trip. The airport itself is around 30 minutes south of the CBD, towards Broadbeach and the world famous Surfers Paradise.
If miles and miles of gorgeous East Coast beaches aren’t enough, then the vibrancy, subtropical heat and unique energy of the region will allow you to drift away on a gorgeous driving holiday. A top tourism destination, it’s also looking forward to hosting the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
You can drive south to Byron Bay, north to some of the finest beaches on the planet, or even west to the stunning National Parks of Springbrook, Lamington, Border Ranges and Nightcap. A variety of landscapes, flora and fauna for your to enjoy on your road trip.
The Gold Coast is an exciting place, packed with beaches, high-rises, shopping, nightlife, and behind it all a range of fabulous theme parks which draw in families and tourists year-round. All you need to make a Gold Coast holiday perfect is the right Gold Coast rental car.
Here’s our guide to the various rental brands available at Gold Coast Coolangatta Airport, to help you make a decision so you can fly in and drive away with your Gold Coast car rental with no worries.
On Airport Rental Brands
● Avis Car Rental has a counter in the Gold Coast Airport, Eastern Ave, Bilinga, QLD 4225. There is also a Gold Coast car hire depot at the corner of Ferny and Cypress Avenues, Surfer’s Paradise. On offer at both locations is a fleet of late-model vehicles which range from compact and economy to full-sized sedans. They also have prestige vehicles, vans and SUVs.
● Budget Car Rentals is located at Gold Coast Airport, Eastern Ave, Bilinga, QLD 4225. The company also has depots nearby at Tweed Head NSW and in Surfer’s Paradise. Vehicles on offer include economy, compact, intermediate, standard and full size sedans, premium and luxury cars, vans, SUVs and some eco-friendly options.
● Europcar Car Rental operates from a counter at Gold Coast Airport, Eastern Ave, Bilinga, QLD 4225 and also from a depot up the coast in Surfer’s Paradise. They have an array of late-model vehicles including anything from small and economic runabouts to big cars with lots of space, people movers, 4WDs and some luxury Mercedes models.
● Hertz Car Rental has a handy counter right in the terminal at Gold Coast Airport, Eastern Ave, Bilinga, QLD 4225 and another nearby depot at 111 Wharf Street, Tweed Heads, NSW 2485. Their modern fleet of vehicles includes the full spectrum of car sizes, a selection of SUVs and vans,and some special interest collections - the Adrenaline Collection and the Prestige Collection.
● Redspot Car Rental is an Australian-owned company with a location at Gold Coast Airport, Eastern Ave, Bilinga, QLD 4225. They have a fleet of late-model cars ranging from a tiny Mitsubishi Mirage to a spacious Holden Malibu and beyond to SUVs and people movers. Their vehicles average six months old.
● Thrifty Car Rental is located in the terminal building at Gold Coast Airport, Eastern Ave, Bilinga, QLD 4225, with another location on the corner of Surfer’s Paradise Boulevard and Enderley Ave to the north. Renters can choose from their range of more than 15 different categories of vehicle from metro cars to premium 4WDs.
● Auto Europe car hire will be rented through one of the brands already mentioned, so read your confirmation carefully. Keep a lookout for great deals with Auto Europe bookings.
● Apollo is serviced by Hertz and offers its customers different terms and conditions. Read carefully but consider an Apollo car hire as they can have great prices at certain times of year.
● Firefly is also serviced by Hertz, so head to the Hertz desk when you arrive to pick up your Firefly Gold Coast car rental. This brand sometimes has good bargains on the same cars.
● Keddy by Europcar operates from the Europcar desk with the same fleet, but can often be cheaper. Check for great deals with Keddy car hire in the Gold Coast.
Off Airport Rental Brands
● East Coast Car Rentals has a depot at 15 Maud Street, Tugun, QLD 4224 which is just a few kilometres away from Gold Coast Airport. They have a convenient free shuttle bus to pick you up and drop you off when arriving or departing. Their simple but comprehensive range of current and recent model cars range from a compact Hyundai i20 to a Toyota Camry, and East Coast also offers SUVs and vans.
● Bargain Car Rentals has a depot very near the Gold Coast Airport but across state borders at 2/57-61 Ourimbah Road, Tweed Heads, NSW 2485. A free shuttle makes it easy to get there and pick up your car rental from among their late-model fleet of small, medium and large cars.
● Alpha Car Rentals offers great modern cars from their depot at 19 Ourimbah Road, Tweed Heads NSW 2485. They offer a free shuttle to get you there with minimum fuss. Their range includes small compact cars, intermediate cars, family sedans, SUVs and vans, and they offer manual and automatic options.
● Ace Car Rentals is a great option for budget-conscious Gold Coast car hirers, with a depot at 423 Golden Four Drive, Tugun, QLD 4225. They offer a free shuttle to and from the Gold Coast Airport. Ace’s range includes slightly older but well-maintained economy, tourist and family sedan cars.