Australia is a very big place. The jury is still mostly out on whether it’s considered a continent or an island, but however you like to frame it, there’s a lot there and so much to see when you pick up an Australia airport car rental. From the urban east coast to the wild west, this country has a huge variety of landscapes, myriad interesting destinations and no end of wide open spaces. Both world-class cities and natural delights like you’ve never seen before mean that Australia has something to please all comers.
When this combines with a great highway network and good travel infrastructure, the enormous range of assets makes the Land Down Under the ideal place to rent a car and explore. The wilderness of Tasmania awaits... Or the emptiness of the Outback, the beauty of the Southwest, the tropical heat of Northern Queensland. An Australian car hire opens up so many possibilities!
Airport Rentals: The first choice for car rentals in Australia
If you are looking to plan a holiday or trip which includes car rental from an Australian airport, you are in the right place. That’s our specialty here at Airport Rentals, and our simple search engine will serve up many options from a spectrum of car rental suppliers, local and international both.
Your time is better spent planning an itinerary and dreaming of Aussie beaches than scouring the internet for the best car rental deal. Airport Rentals gathers them all together in one place, including special offers and any deals our team can negotiate. Just enter the locations, dates and a few more details of your travel plans, narrow the search with the handy filters, and you’ll find the perfect vehicle to take you away on an Australia car rental adventure.
Airport rentals around Australia
Wherever you’re heading to in this vast country, big city or rural centre, we have you covered. These are just a few of the top locations around the country:
● Sydney Airport car rental - This bustling and modern world city is great for an urban break, or a handy place to begin a road trip.
● Adelaide Airport car hire - South Australias coastal capital. A cosmopolitan centre with great art, museums, and incredible food and wine. Those looking for culture and class will fall in love with this hip centre.
● Launceston Airport car hire - Tasmanias secondlargest city and a cultural hub for nature, food and wine and country charm. The nearby Cataract Gorge is a must visit when in the area - an incredible natural attraction.
● Cairns Airport car hire - the gateway to Australia's natural wonder, the Great Barrier Reef. Those looking to experience rainforests, open beaches, crystal clear waters and mountainous gorges are onto a winner here.
● Melbourne Airport car hire - The stately southern city is a great base for adventures in Victoria and of course for driving the Great Ocean Road.
● Hobart Airport car rental - This is your point of entry for the spectacular island state, Tasmania. Pick up here and explore to your heart’s content.
● Car rental Perth - Here is where you can hit the roads of Australia’s remote western coast. It’s well worth the trip!
● Darwin Airport car rental - It’s steamy up here, closer to southeast Asia than Sydney! A Darwin rental is often the start of something unforgettable.
● Brisbane car rental - Queensland fun starts here! After exploring with your car hire, you’ll likely want to hit the beach - and there are plenty to pick from.
● Gold Coast car rental - the home of Australia's theme parks and the stunning Surfers Paradise. You won't be left wondering what to do in this happening centre.
AirportRentals.com Australia car rental pick up and drop off depot locations
Australia road rules
Driving in Australia shouldn’t be a daunting prospect - you will just need to familiarise yourself with the basic road rules. These are quite logical and many are ubiquitous worldwide - don’t drink and drive, don’t use a cellphone while driving, always stop at red lights and stick to the posted speed limits.
For more in-depth rules and quirks of Australian driving, take a look at our Australia driving guide. It’s a great idea to familiarise yourself with the ways of the road in any particular country before you get there.
Australia driving tips
For a quick rundown, here are our top five tips for hitting the road in Australia with a car hire:
● Remember to drive on the left! The vast majority of vehicles seat drivers on the right, which makes this much easier to remember.
● Speed limits are posted in kilometres per hour, and distances in kilometres.
● Watch out for wild animals on rural roads. Kangaroos especially are a hazard, as hitting one can do a lot of damage to the car hire.
● The nationwide emergency number is 000.
● Road rules, as with other laws, can vary slightly between states and territories, so be aware of this.
Airportrentals.com offers the best car rental rates, guaranteed